Slice up your shallot, grind some peppercorns and bring to a boil with your Riesling. Let it boil for about 15-20 minutes, until it reduces slightly.
1/2 cup Sawmill Creek Riesling
1 tsp ground pepper
1 large shallot, sliced
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp Himalayan salt
1 granny smith apple
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 cups cold water
1/2 head large fennel
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1 pkg shrimp
1 pkg scallops
1. In a small pot bring Riesling, shallots and pepper to a boil. Let boil for about 15-20 minutes until slightly reduced. Remove from heat.
2. Once slightly cooled, whisk in vinegar, mustard, salt and olive oil. Place into a plastic container and let cool in the fridge.
3. Squeeze lemon juice into a bowl containing the cold water.
4. Julienne apple, placing strips into cold water to prevent browning.
5. Thinly slice fennel.
6. Drain apple strips and place in a new bowl along with fennel and pomegranate seeds. Refrigerate.
7. Rinse and drain shrimp and place in a shallow bowl. Set oven to 200 deg and slowly warm shrimp while preparing scallops.
8. Rinse and drain scallops. Place about a tbsp of olive oil into a pan and once hot (medium-high heat), place the scallops in a single layer.
9. Fry scallops for about 3 minutes, flip and turn off burner. Leave frying in pan for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt.
10. Toss fennel, apple and pomegranate seeds with vinaigrette and distribute evenly among 4 plates. Top with shrimp and scallops and serve immediately.