Another reason I love the fall so much is because this is really the time for baking. The hot days are over and in our house we like to revel in cakes, pies and muffins while we cuddle up in our blankets.
I have so many posts waiting in the wings - I've had a whole lot of samples come my way these last few weeks. But I wanted to share all my yummies with you first!
I have spent years perfecting my banana bread. Every time I think I've perfected it, I think of something else to add or subtract or change and try again. I use the same batter for the loaf and the muffins, it just depends on what we feel like that particular day.
So, although I say this after every new batch, I think that I really have found the perfect recipe this time. The addition of shredded coconut gives it a little texture and the butterscotch chips are better than chocolate. Skor bits don't hurt, either.
Let's get to the recipe:
Makes 12 muffins
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
1/2 cup premium sour cream (premium is thicker)
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/4 cup Skor bits
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees & line muffin pan(s)
2. Mix together first 5 (wet) ingredients in a large bowl
3. In another bowl, sift together next 6 (dry) ingredients
4. Add the wet to the dry and fold in the chips, coconut and bits, stirring just to combine
5. Spoon dough into muffin tins and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean
6. Allow to cool before digging in
Any & all of my posts may contain ads and/or affiliate links.
Hey look! You're visitor #